Inaugural AAP Firms of the Year Announced
The American Architecture Prize has announced the winners of its Firm of the Year Award 2017 in three categories: architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture.
The three awards come nearly one year after the AAP's inaugural American Architecture Prizes were announced in the same three categories. Like those prizes, the Firm of the Year awards reach beyond the United States and the Americas, with Firm of the Year applications received from 40 countries. A large jury of 32 architecture experts and professionals selected the three winners "for their accomplishments and vision," per the AAP:
- Allford Hall Monaghan Morris from London, United Kingdom - Architectural Firm of The Year
- PFS Studio from Vancouver, Canada - Landscape & Urban Design Firm of the Year
- Kossmann.dejong from Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Interior Design Firm of The Year
The AAP also recognizes a handful of subcategory winners:
- Desai Chia Architecture from New York, United States - Small Firm of the Year Award in Multi-Disciplinary Architecture
- Rob Mills Architecture & Interiors from Melbourne, Australia - Medium Firm of the Year Award in Residential Interior Design
- Belzberg Architects from Santa Monica, United States - Medium Firm of the Year Award in Residential Architecture
- Chang Architects from Singapore - Small Firm of the Year Award in Residential Architecture
- JGMA from Chicago, USA - Medium Firm of the Year Award in Institutional Architecture
The complete list of winners and the shortlist is available on the AAP website.