Fiore di pietraBack to Projects list
- Via Lüera, 6825 Capolago, Switzerland
- 1M - 100M
- 5-20 Stories
- Mario Botta
On 29 March 2017, on Monte Generoso in southern Tessin at around 1,700 m above sea level the new mountain restaurant "Fiore di pietra", created by Mario Botta, was officially inaugurated in the presence of guests from politics and business.
The building is characterised by its octagonal base, which is surrounded by a group of five-storey towers – with a slight overhang at the bottom that closes off again towards the top. As a result the arrangement of the individual components is reminiscent of petals. The rather more closed-looking towers are connected to one another with generously glazed areas, which allow for spectacular views. In the spirit of a corolla the building structure leaves space on the east side for a terrace that follows the course of the mountain ridge.
Jansen products used:
• VISS HI TVS mullion-transom façade, 50 and 60 mm, triple glazed
• Internal finishes, fixed glazed VISS Fire TV EI60 partition walls
• Janisol 2 EI30 fire doors
Schüco aluminium systems:
• Schüco AWS 75.SI+ window system for insert units in VISS façade and horizontal pivot windows in the masonry
• Schüco ADS 75.SI door system for service doors